Reports to: Director
Team: Hays Executive, Benchmarking
Direct reports: Team of Researchers
This is an exciting role for a business manager or above to lead the Hays benchmarking team and work directly with senior clients in the Public, Private and Not for Profit sectors to deliver meaningful benchmarking data and insights. Our clients are Chief Executives, Directors and HR teams in a wide range of companies and organisations, from NHS to charities, retail to financial services. Advising and consulting on pay and reward we help organisations make important decisions that impact positively on their ability to attract and retain the best staff.
The role requires good team leadership, organisational and analytical skills as the Head of Benchmarking works with clients from securing each project to report writing and presentation of the findings and recommendations. No prior experience of benchmarking is required although we would expect you to be able to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills appropriate to senior management level engagement.
This is an ideal post for an someone with good client skills who wants to develop a career in research and analysis - this would be perfect for either a reward professional or an experienced recruiter who is seeking to use their skills in a new environment.
- Engage with potential clients in order to develop new business. This will involve a combination of active business development, liaising with internal Recruitment Consultants who have leads, and responding to cold enquiries.
- Liaising with clients at the beginning of projects in order to fully understand their requirements and plan the project to match this. Often this involves a number of meetings and documents being exchanged.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Liaise with colleagues in different specialisms to work towards shared goals and key targets within Hays.
- Manage a team of Researchers and in future more Reward Consultants.
- Allocate project workloads based on client requirements and time constraints.
- Provide full training and development for each researcher and consultant from onboarding to continued development throughout their employment. This involves providing training on internal databases as well as project management training and providing market insight knowledge.
- Ensure team wellbeing and morale is always high and act to address any problems if this is not the case.
- Keep up to date with reward based news and provide regular market insights to members of the team and clients.
- Attend and occasionally present to trade association groups and meetings
- Team leadership experience, overseeing a number of assignments and managing team performance and wellbeing
- Excellent organisational ability
- Good business development/client interaction skills
- Clear communication and empathy
- Have existing contacts in the reward world from which to build a work network
- Tangible report writing or analysis experience
- Experience of presenting to senior stakeholders within a corporate environment e.g. C Suite Directors and Board Members