Your new company
A world-leading centre for research and postgraduate education in public and global health is looking for an experienced Web Developer to play a key role in the development and maintenance of web applications and research databases across the school.
Your new role
You will be responsible for supporting, maintaining, and developing the School's web-based systems, research databases, analytics, and social media tools. You will join the Web Team within IT Services, creating and implementing web applications and providing day-to-day support for the technical functionality of the School’s web-based systems.
- Identifying user and system requirements for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Creating wireframes to decide on layouts and program workflows, meeting with key stakeholders
- Prioritising software development projects, setting timelines and co-ordinating tasks with team members
- Providing second and third-line support for web applications for a broad range of users
- Mentoring junior web developers
- Ensuring software documentation is up to date
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a Public Sector organisation, supporting and maintaining Web Systems, Databases, Content Management Systems, and Social Media Applications.
Experience with PHP MVC frameworks such as Laravel/Lumen, CodeIgniter, Yii2, Zend is required for this role.
Experienced in writing web services (SOAP XML and RESTful APIs)
Experience of working in Linux environment (Apache web server configuration, maintenance, trouble shooting and rewrite rules, creating scheduled tasks).
You need to have an understanding of the legal framework pertaining to digital services e.g. copyright, disability compliance, GDPR
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible. #4202752