Your new company
A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Belfast
Your new role
You will update and maintain Safety Critical Management Systems relating to operational functions within Traffic and Control. Provide admin support to the Traffic and Control functions.
• On a daily basis to brief Traffic Manager on TSMIS events of a significant nature such as delayed trains, vessels, routing and traffic irregularities etc.
• Provide a weekly summary report of closed and outstanding events.
• To provide a monthly summary for inclusion into the Operational Report indicating trends etc.
• To undertake data collection and presentation of data to aid the development of business reports such as wrong routing, Bann Bridge operations, Asset failures, personnel , costs etc.
• To use software packages to provide information for inclusion within the monthly Operational Report i.e. TSMIS events, accidents, welfare, progress of initiatives, finance, staffing levels etc.
• To prepare instructions, memos, briefings and presentations as required by the business.
• To maintain confidentiality, records, reports, communications in compliance with data management and business requirements.
• To undertake audits such as TSMIS entries for Control Manager, closure of TSMIS entries for Traffic, compliance with Competency Management System to ISO 9001 standard.
• Produce reports as necessary.
• To work with others to arrange, monitor compliance against proposed targets for business operations - such as assessments, voice coms, etc. and produce summary report.
• To provide admin support in the Traffic and Control functions.
• Cover for other Traffic administrators during periods of absence. Duties such as producing rosters, tasks associated with payroll and any other admin duties required.
• To collate relevant information to aid incident investigations by the Traffic and Control Managers or their appointed personnel.
• To attend and be responsible for producing minutes of meetings as required.
• To produce the fatigue management report for the Control Department.
• To ensure that all vehicles weekly check sheets and monthly mileage is reported to Fleet Department in accordance to their guidance.
• To report defects and co-ordinate vehicle management between Traffic and Fleet Department.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in maintaining manual and computerised records.
- Ability to interface with managers and staff at all levels.
- Experience working in a Trade Unionised environment.
- Experience in minute taking.
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent, including English and Math’s or, alternatively be able to demonstrate at least 2 years relevant experience in a similar post.
- Excellent planning and administrative skills.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the business.
- Understanding of the current business climate and the impact on the HR department and the company.
- Understanding of people issues and ability to deal with these effectively.
- Able to deal with colleagues and customers in a professional manner.
- Experience of using MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and cope with large volumes of work.
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines.
- Ability to produce work in a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
37 hours per week
£21,360- £23,993 depending on experience
Closing date 12 Noon Wednesday 17th August
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4261678