A mid-sized Primary School in Wakefield is looking to recruit a Qualified Teaching Assistant in their Year 1 class starting ASAP!
This lovely Primary School is a one form entry school that is looking to hear from Teaching Assistants that are able to engage children, enabling them to learn and achieve their full potential.
The school provides a caring, nurturing environment and with the ethos of the school rooted in inclusivity, the staff work together with pupils and parents to create a culture of mutual respect and care for each other. The school is easily accessible on public transport.
This Year 1 Teaching Assistant job is to start after the Summer holidays running until the end of term with excellent potential to become a permanent role.
The main responsibilities of this KS1 Teaching Assistant job are:
- Getting the classroom ready for lessons
- Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
- Supporting the teacher in managing class behaviour
- Supervising group activities
- Looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- Clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
- Helping with outings
- Carrying out administrative tasks
What you’ll need to succeed
The ideal Teaching Assistant will be/have:
- Level 2 or higher childcare or Teaching Assistant qualification
- Knowledge of the KS1 curriculum
- Experience working with KS1 Children
- Experience working with behaviour issues
- A commitment to delivering high quality teaching and learning
- Enthusiasm, energy and flexibility
- Strong organisational skills
- A good understanding of safeguarding
In addition, it is ideal that you are;
- Highly adaptable as there may be instances where you are will have to cover in various classes
- Confident, organised and at times, diplomatic
- Patient and creative
- Have a proven track record of developing children in an Educational setting
- DBS on the update service
What you’ll get in return Not only will you receive all the support you need from a DfE accredited recruitment expert, while working for Hays you’ll also enjoy a range of employee benefits, including:
- An excellent opportunity to enhance your experience and career
- Working as a Hays supply teacher is a great lifestyle decision that gives you access to work in the widest range of primary schools in the area
- A competitive daily rate of pay
- £250 reward every time you recommend a colleague*
- Access to free Professional Development Training
*Terms and conditions apply
What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Emma on 07927584701 or the Education Team on 0113 2003710.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.