Your new company
School in Sheffield with various satellite sites across the city. Provides education to Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 students, both academically and vocationally.
Your new role
You will be working full-time, 5 days a week with students aged 11-16 with autism and emotional and mental health needs. Working alongside teaching staff and other TA's, you will provide a safe and nurturing environment for students whilst supporting their education and learning. You will be expected to liaise with outside agencies and parents, as well as other schools and the Local Authority to help support re-integration and transition.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Experience working with young people with Special Educational Needs, ideally ASD and SEMH
- A minimum of 40 days experience within the last 2 years
- Understanding and knowledge of CAMHS would be preferable
- Enhanced and valid DBS that is registered with the DBS Update Service (a new one will need to be applied for through Hays if not)
- Be immediately available for work and willing to commit to the role until July 2022
What you need to do now
- Competitive rate of pay
- Long term work until July 2022
- Opportunity to work in a unique setting with a strong Senior Leadership Team, and empathetic, caring staff
- Dedicated Hays consultant who you can contact from 07:00 - 22:00, seven days a week
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4205551