Glasgow and Surrounding Areas - Residential Children’s Support Worker
Are you a caring and patient person with a passion to help some of Glasgow's most vulnerable children and young people?
Do you want the opportunity to work with the best providers supporting services within residential sectors?
Your new company
Hays Social Care work with the very best providers in Glasgow and the surrounding areas, these services support children, and young people within residential settings.
Your new role
Being a support worker is about encouraging independence, supporting service users to build confidence, self-esteem and most importantly having fun. As a support worker you will have a rewarding opportunity to work with vulnerable children and young people in the Glasgow area. We work within residential settings to create a home environment for children and young people that suffer from a range of different complex needs including autism, learning disabilities and behavioural problems. The ideal candidate would be passionate for children’s and young people’s well-being and have a patient and caring nature.
This opportunity offers flexible working patterns with am shifts, pm shifts and waking night shifts available. We offer part time or full-time hours with the opportunity to turn into permanent positions upon successful temporary placement. We offer a competitive salary averaging at £11ph including holiday pay.
Your new role will be rewarding and fun, yet somewhat challenging – but the rewards you reap are extremely worthwhile. No two days will be the same! The type of care provided will be tailored to the needs of individual. Your job will be incredibly varied and rewarding while you help service users improve their quality of life, achieve their goals and make a very positive difference.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- A minimum of 6 months experience within a similar care setting in the last 2 years
- SVQ Level 2 or Level 3 are desirable but not vital
- Experience in administering medication, preparing meals, and planning and partaking in activities
- Experience with providing support and care to children or young people with learning disabilities.
- Experience with dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Being passionate about supporting people with a genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- Excellent communication skills with a positive attitude and the ability to be a good team player
What you need to do now
- Competitive hourly pay rate available averaging at £11ph
- £250 voucher refer a friend scheme
- Flexible working patterns available
- Free PVG registration
- Free mandatory training including and access to continuous free online training
- Opportunity to gain permanent employment upon successful temporary placement
- A personal service with a dedicated consultant
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4201168