Ayrshire and Surrounding Areas - Residential Adult’s Support Worker
Are you a caring and patient person with a passion to help some of Ayrshire's most vulnerable adults?
Do you want the opportunity to work with the best providers supporting services within residential sectors?
Your new company
Hays Social Care work with the very best providers in Ayrshire and the surrounding areas, these services support adults within residential settings.
Your new role
Being a support worker is about encouraging independence, supporting service users to build confidence, self-esteem and most importantly having fun. As a support worker you will have a rewarding opportunity to work with vulnerable adults in the Ayrshire area. We work within residential settings to create a home environment for adults that suffer from a range of different complex needs including autism, learning disabilities and behavioural problems. The ideal candidate would be passionate for the sector and the well-being of the services users, whilst having a calming and nurturing presence.
This opportunity offers flexible working patterns with am shifts, pm shifts and waking/night shifts available. We offer part time or full-time hours with the opportunity to turn into permanent positions upon successful temporary placement. We offer a competitive salary averaging at £11.23ph including holiday pay. Your new role will be rewarding and fun, yet somewhat challenging – but the rewards you reap are extremely worthwhile. No two days will be the same!
The type of care provided will be tailored to the needs of individual. Your job will be incredibly varied and rewarding while you help service users improve their quality of life, achieve their goals and make a very positive difference.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- A minimum of 6 months experience within a similar care setting in the last 2 years
- SVQ Level 2 or Level 3 are desirable but not vital
- Experience in administering medication, preparing meals, and planning and partaking in activities
- Experience with providing support and care to adults with learning disabilities.
- Experience with dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Being passionate about supporting people with a genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- Excellent communication skills with a positive attitude and the ability to be a good team player
What you need to do now
- Competitive hourly pay rate available averaging at £11.23ph
- £250 voucher refer a friend scheme
- Free PVG registration
- Free mandatory training including and access to continuous free online training
- Opportunity to gain permanent employment upon successful temporary placement
- A personal service with a dedicated consultant
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4226785