Your new company
Hays are a market leader in education recruitment, with an extensive network of over 100 partner schools across Somerset. We are seeking experienced and newly qualified teachers to join our growing team of supply staff, working on flexible temporary contracts. Supply teaching is a great career choice for those seeking a return to the classroom after a career break. It can also be an excellent opportunity for out-of-work teachers or NQT's to showcase their talents. Permanent job offers are common when working on supply
Your new role
As a Supply Teacher working in a school, you will be able to cover lessons suited to your curriculum strength and you will also be required to cover across the wider curriculum.
• Supervise students in lessons whilst delivering pre-prepared work left by the teacher.
• Managing pupil behaviour in the classroom
• Be familiar with the school’s policies and procedures and deal with any immediate problems.
• Collating the completed work from the lesson and leaving handover/feedback for the returning teacher.
For long-term positions, you may be required to plan, mark and assess pupils work, however PPA time will be included.
What you'll need to succeed
- Have teaching experience within the last 5 years.
- Hold a UK Qualified Teacher Status.
- Good knowledge of the English National Curriculum.
You will also need to undergo our Hays compliance which include satisfactory DfE references and a full DBS.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
- Experience working across multiple different settings and year groups.
- Flexibility to work as little or as often as you'd like.
- Competitive rate of pay.
- Your own personal consultant who will handle any queries you may have.
- £250 worth of high street vouchers if you successfully refer a friend to work for Hays.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now on 01179279369.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4206304