Here at Hays Technology, I am recruiting for Storage & Backup Engineer – supporting a global leading client, working remote on a 3-month contract, on a day rate up to £625 per day (Inside IR35).
What you will be working on:
You will be working within a team to deliver an outstanding level of Storage & Backup Administration Support (to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot, and support servers, storage & backup systems) across our clients systems, ensuring that all the systems meet or exceed their SLA’s for their customers.
Who you will be working for:
- Monitoring the ongoing operation of the systems and providing utilization reports using existing tools to identify problems and corrective actions as needed.
- Responsible for design, installation, configuration, security and maintenance of highly available enterprise compute, storage & backup systems
- Monitor performance, errors, and warnings on compute and storage systems
- Maintain storage & compute policies and standards
- Troubleshoot performance problems and propose short term fixes and long-term solutions
- Ensure the compute & storage estate is kept up to date with regular patching & maintenance of the underlying infrastructure.
Our client is a global leader in digital transformation, cloud, big data and cybersecurity services
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- EMC VMAX
- EMC Unity
- EMC VPLEX
- EMC VNX
- EMC RecoverPoint
- EMC Data Domain
- EMC Avamar
- EMC Networker
- EMC Data Protection Advisor (DPA)
- Hitachi Data Storage (HDS) Storage
- Brocade SAN
- Veritas NetBackup
A day rate up to £625 per day (Inside IR35) – supporting a large client, working remote on a 3 month contract.
If interested in this role, please apply with your latest CV