Our client a large distribution company based in the outskirts of Glasgow, is looking for the services of a Facilities Services Manager responsible for ensuring that a diverse supply chain delivers all planned maintenance, statutory inspections, and remedial works safely and effectively.
This role will report directly into the Head of Site Services and have line management responsibility for the helpdesk co-ordinator, technical team administrator and our internal engineering team (9).
• Reviewing Site Services Team (SST) planned maintenance programmes to ensure that they are compliant with the contract and providing feedback where gaps are identified.
• Ensure that all work carried out by the suppliers and internal team is performed as per the maintenance schedule strategy and in accordance with all legislative/statutory requirements.
• To ensure that all statutory Inspection documentation is document verified as defined by the requirements of the contract and any failures are highlighted and rectified by the Supplier or Internal Team.
• Provide focused and user-friendly management reports to stakeholders on the progress of the SST maintenance deliverables, this is to include highlighting areas of non-compliance and identifying trends.
• Attending project pre-starts, progress, and handover meetings (CAPEX & SP)
• Updating the Asset register and planned maintenance requirements following completion of project handovers and ensuring Service Change Requests (SCR) are raised as and when required.
• Providing technical advice to other internal functions, including advice on urgent reactive jobs, cost enquiries and complex building service solutions
• Provide well thought out solutions to problems that arise as part of the maintenance service delivery.
• Supporting the Head of Site Services with on-site interface with the client’s representatives.
• Chairing and present at meetings as and when required.
• Ensure the adoption of HCP Quality and HSE policies and procedures throughout the area of responsibility.
• Oversee the development of the technical to enhance the performance and capability of the SST.
• Measure and positively improve Engineering team effective time whilst reducing 3rd party spend.
• Support and positively influence our focus on providing “a great place to work”.
• Deputise for the Head of Site Services as and when required.
• Experience of managing planned preventative maintenance for hard services within commercial or government asset portfolios
• Experience in planning programmes of work for maintenance in accordance with the client’s requirements and identifying gaps in the maintenance strategy
• Experience of managing safe systems of work and permits
• Proven track record in the management of asset data bases and CAFM Systems
• Experience of managing Health, Safety and Environment management systems
• Experience of identifying trends and developing/implementing management reports
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Be able to successfully manage time, plans and other related tasks
• Be able to continuously meet targets and surpass expectations
• Knowledge of Statutory Legislation (PSSR, LEV, 17th Edition, LOLER, Gas safety regulations, Asbestos regulations etc.) and capable of document verifying certification that relates to this Statutory legislation
• Experience of attending project pre-starts/handovers in a client capacity as part of a soft landings approach
• Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical personnel
• Excellent communications skills and able to communicate with internal and external customers
• Commercially aware with good negotiating skills
• Excellent client facing skills with the confidence to deal with people at all levels
• Ability to lead, inspire and motivate a team to meet objectives
• Capable of working independently and collaboratively as part of a wider team
• Proven ability to deal with change
• Hunger to succeed and wants to progress within a forward thinking organisation
• Having the ‘We deliver’ attitude and going the extra mile to meet the customers’ requirements
• An eye for detail and technically minded
• Ability to work strategically and operational
• Experience of KPI measurements of a diverse supply chain
• Experience of providing information as part of Technical Audits
• Knowledge of BIM
• Knowledge of different maintenance techniques including predicative maintenance and Business Focused Maintenance
• An industry recognised electrical or mechanical engineering qualification within the built environment (HNC, HND or equivalent vocational qualification).
• Health and Safety training i.e., IOSH Managing Safely, CITB SMSTS or CSCS or equivalent.
• Technical qualification within the Building Service Industry and/or Facilities Management
• Membership of relevant FM related organisation (IWFM, RICS, IAM etc.)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4203814
Manufacturing & Production
Glasgow & Strathclyde
£45-45,000 + package
26 May 2022
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Cedric Fyffe, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Glasgow
1st Floor, Spectrum Building, 55 Blythswood Street