Your new company
Out client is a leading speciality chemical manufacturer with site across Europe and the Rest of the World.
Your new role
As part of the engineering team the Site Engineer is responsible for Process Engineering and Mechanical Engineering duties within the site. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and further development of maintenance standards and workflows. In consideration of the current health, safety and environmental legislation and the site and company standards you have to ensure that the inspection and maintenance routines are suitable and sufficient to enhance reliability, compliance and safety.
What you'll need to succeed
- Lead and develop the maintenance department
- Evaluation and improvement of the existing maintenance standards and procedures
- Logging, evaluating and controlling of the maintenance key performance indicators (KPI)
- Identification, definition and management of small capital plant projects within the budget and timeline.
- Carry out engineering design and specify equipment for small projects and modifications
- Involvement in process safety and hazard analysis (HAZOP) and process safety compliance with realisation of process safety measures within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for management of change in relation to technical and engineering facilities.
- Take ownership of escalated maintenance issues; carrying out trouble shooting and developing technical solutions to safety, process, and reliability issues.
- Ensure the mechanical integrity of the plant consistent with corporate, and UK legislation and standards.
- Responsible for the performance of all required statutory inspections with approval or rectification of inspection reports and assurance that follow up work is carried out when required.
What you'll get in return
- Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Proven experience experience within a chemical manufacturing environment
- Experience in Project Engineering
- Experience in maintenance standards and SAP workflows
- Experience in process engineering and/or project engineering
- Knowledge of the common legal requirements and technical standards
- Cost awareness and budgetary discipline
- Able to plan and priorities competing workloads
Excellent basic salary £50,000 - £65,000
Bonus - 12%
Benefits including (Pension, Private Medical, etc)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4253939