Flexible Working | Hybrid | Architecture and IT Engineering | Aviation Industry
Your new company
My client is an international group, operating in the aviation, defence and space markets.
Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. They have a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales
of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership
positions in its core markets. At the core of my clients culture is it's people and year on year has been ranked among the finest companies to work for, globally.
Your new role
This person will provide support for servers, middleware and databases, they will work with
other IS groups to industrialize proven technology which includes, building servers, installing
applications or provisioning in the cloud to meet the business needs or project specific
The incumbent will act as the IS technical resource for related projects as assigned by IS
• Lead IS Technical Projects
• Responsible for defining the plan to implement new infrastructure to support a new or existing
• Responsible for creating the infrastructure design proposals and presenting these proposals
to the Chief Information Security Officer and the Local/Global Chief Architects to gain approval.
• Preparing presentations around project proposals & feasibilities and provide IS project status
updates to the PMO and IS Management.
• Build Server Infrastructure:
• Building physical rack servers.
• Installing, configuring, maintaining and monitoring Windows Enterprise servers
• Creating VMWare servers including build of OS and services for Windows and Linux.
• Implementing/Configuring/Managing Enterprise storage and backup solutions.
• Ensuring compliance to all security regulations or standards during builds
• Act as L3 and in some cases L2 support for IS infrastructure/Systems/Platforms
• Diagnosing, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and providing resolution to complex
problems of servers, middleware and database systems, recommending improvements to
avoid re-occurrence of the same problem.
• Contribute to the maintenance and administration of data centre hardware performing
changes, support and decommissioning of local physical and VM servers when requested.
• Support administration of Unix/Linux systems.
• Developing scripts to automate repetitive daily administrations tasks and customized scripts
for resolving incidents and problems to prevent recurrence
• Participating in the "On-Call" rotation with other IS personnel.
The Senior Systems Architect will be technical lead on projects assigned to them within the UK
and Asia region. Driving standards and engagement in line with Safran Standards and working with global sites as required.
What you'll need to succeed
• Strong experience and skills in cross-functional project and programme management.
• Rigour and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven capability to influence and
challenge peers & leadership. Able to engage effectively at all levels within the organisation.
• Resilient and able to manage ambiguity and complexity.
• Stakeholder management & ability to challenge (both to our team, and the wider teams we
• The ability to manage and negotiate with required internal and external organizations.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Experience in various IT/IS disciplines, technologies, and platforms (Infrastructure, databases
• Working knowledge of VMWare, NetApp, Citrix, and various Windows Server Operating
systems and Linux
• Database skills specifically Oracle and SQL Server
• Experience with Monitoring tool solutions
• Technical Writing Skills. (Specifically related to IS projects)
• Ability to concurrently project manage a diverse list of items.
• Able to collect and translate business requirements.
• Flexibility, ability to change
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work,
technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and
• Shares and profit share scheme
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship
and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental
leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4233953
Aviation & Aerospace
Up to £50,000
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Jack Hughes, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Cheltenham