Senior Scientist (Antibody Engineering) role in Cambridgeshire, £40k - £55k /annum, Full-time
Your new company
A leading technical innovator inside the therapeutic antibody sector; with strong associations to biotech and biopharma companies. They are home to a fully synthetic VHH single domain antibody library and a unique display unit which complements very large synthetic libraries.
Harmonising their partnerships with their VHH antibody library and their unique display; the company has generated a robust infrastructure and knowledge base to discover therapeutic antibodies and related drugs. Some of the partnered molecules are now in clinical development and have all helped enhance their expertise on characterisation and optimisation of antibodies.
This is an exciting time for the company as they continue to expand their business scope and strengthen their relationships within the biotech and pharmaceutical industry. The focus of the expansion would be to further exploit their VHH capabilities and discover antibodies. Hence their desire to hire you as a Senior Scientists.
Your new role
This will be a full-time lab-based role with a high level of responsibility. As you settle into the role, your focus may shift towards management, office-based planning and reporting on programmes as well.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be leading and designing projects in the engineering and development of single and multi-specific VHH antibodies.
- Responsible for transforming lead molecules into potential therapeutics through developability profiles after candidate selection.
- You will be reporting to the Associate Director; therefore, if you are looking to make a difference within this sector this role will give you the freedom to explore new avenues and communicate directly with management.
- Being a vital member of the company, you will have the ability to alter and/or refine the company strategy and direction.
- Influence and lead fellow scientists on mutual objectives whilst also delivering constructive input to the wider team.
What you'll get in return
- PhD (or equivalent) in Protein Engineering, Biochemistry, Cell Biology (or a related discipline) with expertise inside multi-specific antibody discovery industry.
- Demonstrate the ability to design and execute engineering strategies to yield high quality molecules.
- History working with prokaryotic and mammalian expression vectors, including stable transfection.
- Knowledge of data analysis using UV/VIS spectroscopy, Western Blot, HIC, etc.
- Experience with protein expression and purification from bacteria and mammalian cell culture using automated systems such as AKTA.
- Experimental design capabilities.
- Experience with analytical flow cytometry cell-binding experiences and antibody binding assays (ELISA, AlphaScreen or HTRF).
Experience working in a cross disciplinary team with a great opportunity for career progression. You would also be working closely with the Associate Director, providing the ability for leadership and business strategy planning opportunities. This role is ideal for those looking at gaining not only technical skills but develop management and other soft skills. They also have an extensive, internally promoted, benefits package, which include insurance benefits, retirement benefits and vacation policies
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Keywords: Multi-specific, VHH, Antibody, Research, Senior Scientist, R&D, Molecular, Biology, Drugs, Project, Management, Analytical, Cytometry, Cell-binding, Protein, Expression, Purification, Mammalian, Prokaryotic, Transfection, Engineering, Strategies, monoclonal, polyclonal, mAb #4231391