Your new company
Our client, the inventors of semiconductor-based next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology, is developing a new NGS-based diagnostic platform in an easy-to-use, cartridge-based system designed to generate results in a matter of hours. They are now looking for outstanding Senior Scientist to join their Research and Development team.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be a member of the NGS R&D team, responsible for a subset of the team’s deliverables: developing amplification and sequencing technology on an integrated circuit (chip).
- You will be interacting with other subsystems (including engineering, bioinformatics, software and integrated-circuit teams)
- You will perform technology development hands-on in the laboratory, using your molecular
- biology and biochemistry skills
- You will complete experiments with minimal supervision, designing experimental strategies,
- analysing the results and planning future experiments
- Engaging with other teams to troubleshoot issues
- Performing literature research to support the project
What you need to do now
- A Masters / BSc in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry (or a related field) with
- some relevant industrial experience or a PhD in those fields
- Experience developing new molecular techniques and a background in standard molecular biology methods
- Innovation and creativity, with good problem solving and analytical abilities
- Effective organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- A DNA sequencing background
- Experience with nucleic-acid amplification (PCR and isothermal methods)
- In-vitro diagnostics background with some interactions with other disciplines, such as engineering, software development and
- A record of scientific publications
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4233687