About the role
As a Senior IP Design Engineer, you will be supporting the profitable growth of our client's business by working with stakeholders across divisions within our clients organisation to deliver effective, efficient and economic designs and influence technical design outcomes.
You will also be developing IP solutions against agreed design principles and technical standards to produce secure and resilient designs, documentation, implementation methodology, materials and resource requirements for complex solutions that comply with architecture, security and health & safety standards.
Tell me more, tell me more…
Our client is currently looking for a new recruit in joining their Core Design & Build Team, please read on! You can also ask our friendly recruitment team any questions you may have about the role, between 8:30am-5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Shifts: Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
The must haves:
- Extensive experience operating on Design with Networks.
- Strong knowledge of working on systems from Key Vendors such as Cisco, Nokia and/or Juniper.
- Ability to work with/on SD-WAN.
- Understanding of IP networks and protocols, including MPLS, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF. Plus addressing schemes for IPv4/IPv6/NSAP.
- Experience of Firewalls ASA/PIX/Firepower.
Other stuff we’re potentially looking for:
- Proven experience of ISP/Telecommunications Core Data and Data Centre Technologies, Products and Services.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and Visio Drawing packages.
- Good knowledge of LANs, WANs, VPLS, QoS enabled networks.
- Knowledge and understanding of Ethernet, DSL. Require good knowledge of IPv6, F5, UCS, Cisco Nexus and the Cisco Firepower Firewall.
- Degree/HND or equivalent.
- Vendor Certifications, such as Cisco CCDP/CCNP, Juniper JNCIS/JNCIP, Nokia 3RP/SRA
What’s in it for you? –
Our client loves to reward their people for doing a great job.
- This is a 6-month contract.
- A day rate, in-scope IR35, of £346.90 per day (PAYE) OR £450.00 per day (via a Hays approved umbrella company).
- This role provides a remote working access from the comforts of your own home and only going to our state-of-the-art office in Reading once a week.
Once you’ve applied, one of our friendly recruitment consultants will give you a call and talk you through the screening process.
If your application is successful, you’ll be involved in a live virtual interview with one of our client’s hiring managers to get to know you better.
We look forward to speaking to you!