Your new company
This is a really exciting role as it is newly created and will give you the autonomy to build and improve the function. You will be reporting into the Group Head of HR and will be able to see the fruits of your labour almost immediately. You will be supported by a wider HR team and sit on the Senior Leadership Board. The main purpose of the Senior HR Business Partner will be to provide the delivery of a proactive and customer focused HR service for the Business; through the provision of effective support, guidance and advice to managers and employees and the delivery of tactical and operational people projects and initiatives.
This role embraces responsibility for developing and implementing the People Plan which provides an overarching people road map and includes Organisational Development, Recruitment and Retention, Personal Development & Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Reward Recognition & Benefits, Talent Management and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI). This role is a hybrid role and will be based in Hounslow 2 days a week.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- In collaboration with key stakeholders develop, implement and refresh the people plan.
- Act as senior point of contact and subject matter expert on complex employee relation cases.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across a broad range of stakeholders including directors, managers, council stakeholders, employees and trade unions.
- Partner and coach managers to support the delivery of the people plan and initiatives.
- Proactively lead, manage and successfully deliver complex people related projects within agreed timelines.
- Proactively lead, coach and manage a HR Business Partner (HRBP) Provide advice and support to managers and employees in all aspects of people activities.
- Guiding managers and employees through developing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating in line with the business values.
- In conjunction with key stakeholders, lead and support organisation transformation and change programmes including restructuring, redundancy consultation, variation of contracts and TUPE transfers.
- Lead the development, review and implementation of HR policies, procedures and practices.
- Liaise with a range of external partners who provide people related services to the business ensuring service levels are met.
- Manage agreements and relationships with 3rd party suppliers e.g., Payroll and Pension providers, Recruitment Agencies.
- Lead on the design, development and implementation of organisation development and training initiatives to drive culture change, capacity building and performance improvement.
CIPD qualified (Member or higher). Significant experience of working in generalist Human Resources roles in a strategic and operational capacity. Extensive knowledge of current and proposed employment law and its application through policies and procedures. Previous experience managing a team. This role would suit an individual who likes to get stuck in.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available. Hybrid working. 25 days holiday + bank holidays. 6% pension contribution.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4190274