Your new company
One of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with an enviable track record of delivering schemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for communities. With an impressive order book of over £3.2 billion they are one of the industry’s leading principal contractors, affording you the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
Your new role
The role is predominately site based however during Tenders the ability to travel to the Uxbridge office on occasion will be required. You will be involved with a wide range of projects across all stages of pre-construction and project delivery.
Job responsibilities will include managing the whole process of designing the solution(s) for projects to meet or exceed customers’ requirements and framework deliverables. To recognise Contractual, Financial, Technical and Operational Risks and to find opportunities for Value Engineering, to minimise risk and maximise gross profit on contracts whilst achieving Customer Satisfaction. To support the fulfilment of the pipeline of contracts Safely, On Time, and to the required Quality Lead the Appointment of Design and associated Consultants, ensuring a Contractual Requirements are captured, along with the deliverables being clearly defined using such tools as the IRS, MIDP/Design Responsibility Matrix, Deliverables and Scope of Services Review and appraise fee proposals from the Consultants. Manage & monitor performance of Consultants encouraging a “Collaborative” approach to deliver robust, co-ordinated designs on time and to budget. Lead the KPI assessment of each and the production of progress Reports as required. Support and manage the development of CDP Packages to ensure compliance and that they are fully co-ordinate. Assess the Consultants in line with CDM 2015 requirements and ensure all obligations are met. Designs should fully consider Health, Safety and Buildability To manage and take ownership of all Design Processes and information flow on Design and Build and heavily CDP contracts to meet the Employer's Requirements, Contractors Proposals and Contract Conditions within the agreed Programme constraints using our CDE. Assess, evaluate, and ensure alignment of Design outputs to each of the relevant RIBA Stages. The candidate will ideally have sufficient knowledge of BIM to support the development of a BIM Strategy in line with Client’s requirement with support from consultants and Group BIM resource. The business is primarily focused on the private sector with repeat business clients a feature of their success. The candidate will be required to support tenders both single and two stage managing the design input, identifying risks and opportunities attending interviews, interacting with subcontractors and consultants as part of the bid team will be required to help secure work as part of a bid team.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering projects between £15M and £75M across the commercial, retail and accommodation (Medium Rise Residential, Hotel, Student Accommodation, Care Home etc) sectors often in challenging city environments. You'll also have experience
- Managing Designers and other Consultants
- Proven ability of delivering design for projects on time, to budget quality standards with high customer satisfaction results. Experienced in analysing problems and delivering solutions.
- Computer literate and Commercially astute.
- Good time management with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to make decisions within authority and able to lead and work as a team member.
- Strives for continuous improvement for the benefit of the company with drive to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Communicates clearly with confidence at all levels.
- Demonstrate our Company Values: Excellence, Passion, Integrity and Collaboration.
- Construction/Design related HNC/HND/Degree
- Member of Professional Body CIOB/RIBA/RICS
- BIM Understanding and appreciation would be beneficial
What you'll get in return
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. On offer is
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Car (EV or PHEV) or car allowance,
- Contributory pension,
- Private healthcare and EAP
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays and option to buy more when needed
- An enviable dedicated L&D function where personal development is actively encouraged
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4233225