Your new company
Global leaders in Total Quality Assurance, our client is a FTSE 100 powerhouse with a network of over 1,000 laboratories, delivering innovative Assurance solutions for their customers' operations and supply chains in over 100 countries worldwide.
The Pharma Services division has an extensive range of analytical instrumentation and provides analytical services to customers in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, personal care and speciality chemical sectors in GLP, GCP and GMP regulated laboratories.
Your new role
- As an integral member of the Biologics Analysis/ Characterisation team, you will be bringing your wealth of expertise of pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical analysis (mainly HPLC/uHPLC) for quantitative and qualitative applications, ensuring projects are completed in a timely manner, conforming to GMP guidelines and good laboratory practices.
- You will be training and advising other analysts with various analytical techniques, additionally being responsible for ordering and maintaining stock control of consumables, and reagents for the laboratory.
Other technical responsibilities include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Performing and troubleshooting method validation and method transfer
- API/solution assay and impurity testing
- Pharmacopeia testing (BP, EP and USP)
- Batch release and stability time point testing
- FT-IR identification and coulometric KF.
- You will hold a BSc/MSc/PhD (or equivalent research experience) in Chemistry/Biochemistry (or in a related scientific discipline).
- You will possess in-depth knowledge in all practical aspects of HPLC/uHPLC, alongside reagent preparation, basic equipment maintenance and repair, and residual impurity analysis techniques for the analysis of pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical products.
- You will be confident in performing method validation and transfer, as well as generating and interpreting data, and analysing trends when required.
- You will have comprehensive experience working in a GxP regulatory environment, with a strong understanding of GMP principles.
- You will have experience training, supervising and mentoring junior analysts.
What you'll get in return
Experience in particle size distribution techniques and emitted dose collection across a variety of device types, such as DPI, Nebulisers, pMDI, will be an advantage.
The client offers a competitive salary and benefits, including annual bonus, 25 days' holiday, flexible working, pension, and above all to be a part of a fast-growing, dynamic and successful team as part of a FTSE 100 company!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.