Your new company
Our Client is a leading provider of legal services to the health, social care, housing and emergency services sectors, as well as in the field of professional regulation.
Your new role
This is a varied role covering several aspects of the day to day running of a busy law firm. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience of working within Finance in a proactive and enthusiastic team. Key areas of responsibility will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Day to day management of the Matter Admin team, ensuring turnaround times are optimised, and the team are working proactively and effectively at all times.
- Actively manage and develop the TopDesk ticket allocation system to ensure it supports the Matter Admin team to effectively deliver on their role and support best practice
- Be the go to person in regards to data management around clients, cases, rates, and how these are best managed within the Aderant system.
- Maintaining client and framework portfolio, liaising directly with Client Partners and Business Development on the set up and roll out of new clients and Frameworks, ensuring all KPI requirements are set up and will be met, that the accounting and billing systems accurately reflect the KPIs in the contract.
- Directly supporting the COO in setting up and maintaining fee earner profiles including targets and budgets, , grades and rates, keeping secondments and absences up to date, ensuring adjustments are fed in a timely manner;
- Liaising with partners, fee earners and Billing to ensure the correct charge rates are applied to all clients / matters, that any changes are correctly authorized and reflected in a timely manner within our systems
- Generating and developing MI reports for contracts, cases and internal requests using the Iridium cube
- Working directly with the Senior Biller on a smooth handover in client responsibility and relationships post set up ensuring all key data is clearly provided for effective billing and revenue management.
- Maintaining a record of clients involving fixed fee arrangements, and Frameworks ensuring accuracy of records for billing purposes;
- Opening clients and undertaking new client process with a particular focus on Due diligence and MLRO processes;
- Archiving matters/files;
- Liaising with other finance teams to ensure processes are effective and data accurate to deliver end to end processes and minimize delays.
- Escalating any matters that may hinder the billing process;
- Supporting colleagues and the department as required;
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the Head of Billing & Finance Admin.
Candidates should ideally have:
- Strong administration and organisational skills;
- Solid excel knowledge with strong analytical skills
- Previous management or supervisory background.
- Experience of managing teams with a high volume workload
- Experience of implementing and delivering new processes
- Previous experience of working in a legal finance environment
- the ability to multi task, and work calmly under pressure;
- Proactive in their approach; bring new fresh ideas.
- Good communication skills; and
- Excellent attention to detail.
Candidates will also be expected to demonstrate that they are:
What you'll get in return
- Professional and self-motivated;
- Willing to learn and develop; and
- Able to work in a busy, professional environment;
- A team player.
What you need to do now
- £29,000 per annum
- Company Benefits
- Progression path
- Corporate offices
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4223976