Your new role
An Outstanding rated special school (ages 4 to 19) located in Rugby is looking for Teaching Assistants that are flexible with working across all ages for September. The school is an autism specialist, so provides expert support to children across a variety of severe and complex needs.
Although challenging, this school will provide you with excellent opportunities for professional development, and you will learn and progress quickly. Pay can be up to £80 a day, depending on experience and if you can impress during a paid trial, which the school is more than happy to arrange to give you a real taste. They are open to both full and part-time staff, and there’s a real culture of teamwork and togetherness. Hours are 8:30am-3:30pm.
It is a very active and fast paced role, so they are looking for passionate, motivated and enthusiastic SEN TAs who have a can-do attitude and will go above and beyond for the children. Experience is by no means required, so this is a great opportunity if you are looking to kick start a career in special education or just develop your existing skills further.
What you'll need to succeed
- Have experience working with children with SEN, or a genuine passion for this
- Be flexible, proactive, and patient
- Be able to communicate effectively within a team
- Be resilient, passionate, and driven to go above and beyond for children of all needs
- Be open to providing personal care
- Have a Background in Education, Care, Psychology or Drama, as these are very transferable.
- Training or experience in non-verbal communication is preferred, but a willingness to learn is essential. For example, Makaton, PECS
What you need to do now
- If you are looking to kick-start a career in SEN, or you are an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant looking for a new role, please register with us and you will be contacted within the next 24 hours
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4231141