Your new School
Hays are recruiting a Full-Time SEN Teaching Assistant in Caerphilly County for a Special Educational Needs School which caters for pupils aged 3-19 with a variety of additional learning needs. This role will consist of working closely with small groups of pupils with additional learning needs and challenging behaviour. The School is highly regarded for the fantastic level of support their well-respected and experienced teaching team provide for their pupils. The school creates and maintains a safe learning environment where all are given a fair and equal chance to succeed within.
Your new role
The role is confirmed long-term for a September start, working 5 days a week. Duties relating to this role include but are not limited to:
- Working with small groups of pupils with additional learning needs and challenging behaviour.
- Demonstrating high levels of patience and empathy when dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Creating and maintaining a safe, positive, and enjoyable learning environment even when placed under-pressure.
- Assisting teachers when implement their lesson plans by ensuring that the children are engaged and cared for throughout.
- Working closely as part of a quick, efficient, and consistent team with other members of teaching staff to provide the best care possible for the pupils.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, it is required that you possess at least 40 days of relevant experience working or volunteering within a School over the course of the last 2 – 3 years. Some of the key attributes and skills needed for this role include empathy, patience, and calmness. Further desired traits include responsiveness, problem-solving skills, commitment, and a high degree of motivation.
What you'll get in return
This is an opportunity to work with a fantastic and well-respected SEN school in Caerphilly. The school strives to provide their pupils with the highest standard of care, education, and support through the fantastic work of their passionate and committed teaching staff.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, call us now on +442920 372328 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion regarding your career.
Refer a Friend: Earn £250 in shopping vouchers if we successfully place someone you refer in a role. #4257138