Your new company
IPO pioneers in immunotherapies (immuno-oncology), including heat shock protein-based cancer vaccines, this exciting biotech is relentless on their goal to treat cancers with novel combinations, utilising their next-generation portfolio of checkpoint antibodies, cell therapies, and vaccines. This field of development is particularly fast-moving as early products have produced unrivalled clinical benefits for patients!
This US-based biotech is comprised of a driven team of discovery scientists, Discovery-->GMP manufacturing fully integrated capabilities, and unique technology platforms. With the quality of people and science, they are confidently positioned to cure cancer!
Your new role
- As an integral member of the Assay Development and Screening team, you will take on stimulating projects to support the generation of therapeutic biologics in the field of Immuno-Oncology.
- You will take the responsibility of developing biochemical assays for the screening and profiling of antibodies. You will play a key role in targeting the best antibody candidates to take forward.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be expected to work independently, constantly liaising closely members within the project team, maintaining clear communication and ensuring deadlines are met, and the expectation to present results regularly.
- You will hold a PhD/MSc (or have equivalent industrial research experience) in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Immuno-oncology, or in a relevant scientific area, including experience in an industrial/ biotech setting.
- You will bring demonstrable experience with mammalian cell-based assays, including designing and analysing flow cytometry experiments.
- You will have experience with biochemical assays (ELISA, HTRF, bead-based assays), plus isolation of immune cells.
Experience that would be advantageous include:
What you need to do now
- Use of SPR
- Automation and High-Throughput Screening assays
- Direct line management experience
- Determination of drug EC50 and IC50.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4223098