Your new company
A leading technical innovator inside the therapeutic antibody sector; with strong associations to biotech and biopharma companies. They are home to a fully synthetic VHH single domain antibody library and a unique display unit which complements very large synthetic libraries.
Harmonising their partnerships with their VHH antibody library and their unique display; the company has generated a robust infrastructure and knowledge base to discover therapeutic antibodies and related drugs. Some of the partnered molecules are now in clinical development and have all helped enhance their expertise on characterisation and optimisation of antibodies.
This is an exciting time for the company as they continue to expand their business scope and strengthen their relationships within the biotech and pharmaceutical industry. The focus of the expansion would be to further exploit their VHH capabilities and discover antibodies. Hence their desire to hire you as a Senior Scientists.
Your new role
This will be a full-time lab-based role with time also being spent on office-based planning and reporting on programmes.
- Progress projects within engineering and development of single and multi-specific VHH antibodies.
- Responsible for the manufacture of multi-specifics.
- Accountable towards the developability testing of multi-specifics and construct design support.
- protein production and purification on projects.
- scientific experimental design.
- data interpretation.
- Collaborate and advise on colleague projects, supporting the wider team.
What you'll need to succeed
- PhD (or equivalent experience) in a Life Sciences subject with a desire for Protein Engineering and a career within a fast-paced commercial biotech environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to design and execute engineering strategies to yield high quality molecules.
- History working with prokaryotic and mammalian expression vectors, including stable transfection.
- Knowledge of data analysis using UV/VIS spectroscopy, Western Blot, HIC, etc.
- Experience with protein expression and purification from bacteria and mammalian cell culture using automated systems such as AKTA.
- Analytical flow cytometry cell-binding experiments.
- Experience with analytical flow cytometry cell-binding experiences and antibody binding assays (ELISA, Alphascreen or HTRF).
- General knowledge of molecular biology work such as DNA purification and PCR setup, etc.
What you'll get in return
Experience working in a cross disciplinary team with a great opportunity for career progress. You would also be working closely with the Senior Scientist, providing the opportunity for business strategy planning. Some of the other benefits include:
What you need to do now
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
- 8% employer contribution to your work-place pension.
- Private medical insurance (after probation period).
- Income protection.
- Life Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme – unlimited access to wellbeing and health resources.
- Tailored continuing professional development (CPD) with high level of training and events.
- 50% off on-site gym.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Multi-specific, VHH, Antibody, Research, Scientist, R&D, Molecular, Biology, Drugs, Analytical, Cytometry, Cell-binding, Protein, Expression, Purification, Mammalian, Prokaryotic, Transfection, Engineering, Strategies, monoclonal, polyclonal, mAb #4253354