Your new company
A secondary school in South Birmingham, B28 are looking to appoint a DT Technician to assist all teaching staff in providing pupils with a relevant and effective Design & Technology experience and ensure learning and high achievements remain the core of our business.
The role is Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm, initially until the end of the academic year.
Your new role
Principal Responsibility Areas is to assist Technology staff:
- In developing appropriate resources for teaching and learning.
- Under the direction of the Lead Practitioner, to ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are met.
- To maintain and monitor consumables and equipment in D&T to ensure all pupils are able to access a wide range materials and processes as part of their Technology provision.
- To assist teaching staff in promoting and raising the profile of D&T within and outside our school.
What you'll need to succeed
- To prepare materials & equipment for practical lessons.
- To maintain machinery and equipment in accordance with Health & Safety requirements.
- Carry out weekly Health and Safety checks on all equipment and machinery and report directly to the Lead Practitioner.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced DT Technician who has proven experience within a school technology department.
You will also have recent satisfactory references for carrying out a similar placement within the last 2 years. You will also need to have a clear Enhanced DBS check.
What you'll get in return
Hays Education has had an established Support Service desk in Birmingham for over ten years, providing quality non-classroom-based staff into schools. We also provide free Child Protection and Safeguarding Training to any candidate who is registered and working for us as part of their CPD
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4235545