Role: Release Train Engineer / Project Manager
Role Type: Temporary 6 Months + Possible Extension
Location: Macclesfield – x2 days required on site / x3 rest working remotely.
Your New Company:
At AstraZeneca, we don't follow the crowd and we don’t expect our people to either. We develop life-changing medicines and make a difference to patients as we approach problems in a different way – agile and nimble, and focused on what our people need to make ground-breaking discoveries and accelerate the development and launch of new medicines.
Our business relies on the most up-to-date software to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that benefit patients the world over. Solution Delivery within Commercial IT builds, develops, deploys, and integrates that software – on time and budget, to the highest quality standards and against AstraZeneca’s business strategy.
We are looking for a Project Manager/Release Train Engineer with solid experience of planning, mobilising, managing an Agile release train, with experience of delivering digital web solutions highly preferable.
The PM/RTE shall lead a pod of cross-skilled team responsible for executing the delivery of a backlog of demand in to one of AstraZeneca’s marketing regions. Having a strong partnership with the business customer driving the demand for the solution is critical to success in this role.
The role must also ensure that delivery occurs with a sense of urgency. Demand is completed within the approved programme budget and schedule commitments, whilst continuously assessing risk and balancing the need for flexibility and agility with conformance to standard methods and tools.
Your New Role
- Responsible for the delivery of Digital/Omnichannel solutions to the AstraZeneca Japan marketing company using SaFe Agile/Scrum methodology
- Manages a digital delivery pod, mobilises demand delivery in partnership with the other members of the globally distributed project team and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements to ensure deliverables are met effectively and efficiently
- Ensures effective and transparent risk, opportunity and issues tracking and management at tactical and operational levels
- Drives collaboration and knowledge sharing across other Release Trains
- Ensures appropriate meeting management (schedules meetings, captures minutes, actions, decisions)
- Ensures delivery is executed in accordance with Safe / Scrum principles
- Owns and manages the Release Train budget, and forecasts rolling up to support sound portfolio budget management
- Technical or Business Degree or proven relevant experience
- Well-developed SaFe Agile/Scum ledership and delivery expertise
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with international customers
- Demonstratable evidence of collaborating and sharing knowledge and best practices between teams
- Strong attention to detail with a pragmatic, hands-on working approach, not afraid to operate in the detail
- Experience working in a global organization
- Effective problem and conflict solving skills
- Passion for Customers, representing the needs of multiple customers in decision making
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to manage ambiguity and uncertainty
- Project Management certifications preferred (Scrum, SAFe Agile followed by Prince, PMP, MSP)
What You’ll Get In Return
- Flexible & Hybrid Working!
- Competitive Daily Rate
- Work and develop under a globally recognised pharmaceutical company
- Pioneering technology and systems to support
It's an exciting time to join AstraZeneca, a global business that's rapidly growing - there's a lot happening and even more to come. And we are a valued part of this journey. Respected partners across the business, we provide the platform that's going to power us to achieve more.
So, what's next? Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it's yours. Please apply with a copy of your CV.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team regardless of their characteristics. We align with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification #4260166