Your new company
This role will manage the payroll function of a leading Charity based in Walton-on-Thames, comprising close to 200 employees, in a lovely office location. You will be part of a small finance team and take on payroll as well as help manage the sales ledger for certain areas of the business, raising invoices and chasing debts.
Your new role
Maintain and process the payroll to ensure timely and accurate processing of all payroll entries including new starters, leavers, salary adjustments, tax and other deductions. Checking timesheets, inputting hours, processing overtime, allowances, sickness and other absences.
Preparing monthly payments; monthly payroll reports; load payroll information onto accounting system. Payroll reconciliations. Pension auto-enrolments. Manage the sales ledger for the specific areas within the business, production of invoices, submission of payment claims, reconcile debtors’ ledger, review and collect debtor balances.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Sound payroll legislation and procedure knowledge
- Knowledge of dealing with HMRC
- Proven sales ledger and nominal ledger accounting knowledge
- Experience dealing with pension auto enrolment and liaising with pension providers
- Good IT skills (Excel), and ability to use systems and databases to input/extract data
- Sage 50 payroll (desirable)
- Financial qualification (desirable)
What you need to do now
- Competitive pay - £13-15/hr
- 3-month temp role with possibility to extend
- Hybrid working available
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.