Your new company
Hays Finance are delighted to be working on behalf of our client, One of the Armagh's leading accountancy firms to recruit for a Payroll Officer, for an initial 12 month Fixed Term Contract with the view to go Permanent. As a Certified Accountancy firm, they offer Accountancy Services and Financial Advice to clients based in Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and mainland UK.
Your new role
As Payroll Officer, you will report in to the Officer Manager and be responsible for
• Overseeing payroll and cis function of the bureau practice
• Processing of payrolls from start to finish
• Ensuring clients meet statutory obligations with HMRC and Pensions Regulator.
• Statutory Payments - SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP etc.
• Processing of all employee Payroll documents: Payslips, P45, P60 etc.
• Providing advice and assistance to clients
• Processing monthly CIS returns
• Ensuring CIS documentation is obtained from new each Contractor employed
• Calculating statutory tax deductions for Contractors
• Maintaining and updating Contractor information
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience running payroll, Knowledge of statutory payments and legalities around tax matters would be desirable. Experience of the administration of the company pension scheme. Experience with CIS is essential. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, the ability to stay calm and work well under pressure under strict deadlines. Excellent attention to detail and good numerical skill
What you'll get in return
In return you will get the opportunity to work for a highly successful, local company who are keen to upskill and develop their staff. Study support will be provided if you wish to progress your career or further your studies, a fantastic, market leading salary up to 30k. Flexible working also available. Initially a 12 month FTC with the view to go Perm after.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4259501