Your new company
This school caters for students from Foundation Stage to Key Stage 4 and provides a balanced and challenging curriculum in surroundings that are safe, both emotionally and physically.
Your new role
An exciting new opportunity has arisen at this school in Barnsley, for a full-time Outdoor Education Instructor from September.
You will be working with students aged 7-16 in small groups of 6/10. The students you will be working with all have complex and profound learning difficulties, and have Education Health Care Plans (EHCPs) in place. You will be part of a team of 3, developing and leading outdoor activity sessions of your choice. The school benefits from having dispersed provisions across Barnsley meaning you have access to woods and allotments in addition to any other sessions you wish to run. Please note that you will be expected to work in any of the schools dispersed provisions across Barnsley, as well as the main school site.
This position is term time only + 5 days, working 8:30am to 5:00pm.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience working with children/young adults with Special Educational Needs (SEN), ideally within the last 2 years
- Experience developing your own schemes of work
- Experience of leading groups
- Your own transport with business insurance
- A valid, enhanced DBS registered on the Update Service, or ability to apply for a new one
- Strong behaviour management and organisational skills
- Up to date Health & Safety knowledge
What you'll get in return
- Opportunity to apply for the job on a permanent basis
- Competitive rate of pay
- Guaranteed, full-time work in an Ofsted rated "Good" school
- State of the art facilities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4258155