Maintenance Handy Person
£15.00 - £18.00 per hour
This is a mobile role so a full clean driving license is essential. You will be required to carry out Planned Preventive, and Reactive Maintenance to the Building Fabric and to assist with works to the M&E Services.
The role will also encompass Small Works and emergency procedures as required and inclusion in the out of hours call out rota and you would report directly to the Hard Services Manager. Your responsibilities
- Self-motivated ‘can do’ attitude required to work within the current mobile team.
- Maintenance and repairs to fire doors, door frames and any associated fittings & fixtures.
- Attendance to internal areas including walls, partitions, ceilings, skirtings etc in buildings across the contracts (skilled in wet trade)
- Painting & Decorating skills are vital to this role with attention to detail and high level of skill required.
- Minor Carpentry repairs to doors, door frames, windows and all over aspects of timber constructions and fixing of shelves and pictures and noticeboards.
- Replacement and installation of all locks
- General labouring duties including furniture churn, gutter clearances as required.
- Carry out seasonal gritting to the estate as directed by the gritting plan within working hours, this may be required out of hours due to inclement weather.
- Semi-skilled tasks as directed by Hard Services Manager or Supervisor (Helpdesk issued).
- To ensure ALL maintenance & inspection records are completed and submitted on a timely basis.
- Assistance with other PPM and extra work requirements in adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with HASWA requirements
- Working with other professionals within and outside fabric specialism.
- Professional Appearance to be maintained at all times
- City & Guilds or equivalent qualification and or experience in commercial building maintenance would be an advantage.
- Requirement to participate in overtime on an ad-hoc basis.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience & Qualifications - not essential
- Manual Handling
- Willing to develop and learn.
- Ability to provide efficient management and organisation of workload to ensure effective completion is achieved on time.
- Ability to work un supervised and be proactive whilst working across the estates buildings in reporting health and safety issues to the SHEQ team
- Good Communication skills and an ability to create trust.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4230007