We are currently recruiting for a Logistics / Materials Planner for the one of our 'Luxury Automotive Clients' - This is a hybrid-blended role so you would be expected to be onsite 1-3 days per week, although you will need to be on site more initially, then flexibility will kick in with trust and experience gained, this is a rolling 12 month contract, 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday - 8am is the latest start time, so this ideal for early bird workers!) and the payrate is £22.16 per hour PAYE or Umbrella options available.
Intelligent ideas come off the production line non-stop when you have intelligent logistics concepts in place. Long before our clients vehicles reach the road - delivery of materials from all over the world needs to be set in motion. With expertise and experience, vision and commitment, creative solutions and taking pleasure in effective collaboration. You will share your enthusiasm for putting ideas into practice within an established team that is already waiting to support and embrace you.
The role is to support the development of logistic planning activities (supply chain, packaging, logistics structure & material flow planning) for new product integration and series production. This is achieved by defining and implementing the logistic area processes, layouts, optimisation of series parts supply concept and the development of methods to deliver the most efficient logistics processes (costs, area, time, quality, environment) contributing to the business success.
- Daily communication with manufacturing functions.
- Close co-operation with central logistics planning functions
- Connection to logistics planning functions in all other Production facilities and to central logistics and structural planning.
- Supporting logistics team (launch team, core team, project team) for the delivery of new product integration, series launch, engineering changes and bespoke.
- Use of VPS, CIP (continuous improvement process) & problem-solving technics to ensure lean and improved logistics processes.
- Direct connection to supplier base and purchasing (EM/ TO-M) regarding supply chain development, packaging planning and logistics structures.
- Alignment with service providers to achieve company standards for storage and movement of parts.
- Long term planning of the warehouse facility with a view of all contributing factors to deliver a robust logistic environment for the ever changing and increasing demand of the structure.
- Working with both internal and external process partners on delivering logistic projects.
Experience Needed & Key Skills:
What you need to do now
- Formal training in logistics in a warehouse environment
- Masters in engineering, maths or manufacturing (desirable)
- Excellent knowledge of logistics processes.
- Ability to analysis data, to evaluate projects.
- Knowledge of SAP, MS Office tools, Power BI & VBA coding are advantageous
- Ability to handle pressure whilst solving problems, resolving conflicts and making key decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, Able to convince & persuade others, at all levels.
- German language skills highly advantageous.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4234173