Your new company
Our client, a leading, Global, Magic Circle Law Firm are recruiting for a Junior Litigation Associate Solicitor to join their innovative and growing team in Belfast.
The Belfast office plays an increasing role in delivering important elements of major litigation cases and transactions, as well as in coordinating teams of lawyers from around the world. Belfast is a key part of our client's advanced delivery of legal services to its clients, making intelligent use of technology and complementing the traditional law services provided by the firm throughout the world.
They've created a truly collaborative culture where talented individuals work together and can flourish and achieve great things.
Your new role
The litigation practice handles the full range of corporate and commercial disputes, including competition and antitrust litigation, derivatives and structured finance disputes, insolvency and restructuring litigation, class actions, insurance litigation, securities litigation and M&A disputes.
The firm is also at the vanguard of emerging disputes driven by sustainability/ESG related issues and those involving data, cyber-security, fintech and digitalisation. Litigators work seamlessly in integrated teams with the transactional and advisory colleagues, providing in-depth market expertise and product knowledge that gives clients an edge in disputes and enables us to pre-empt and protect against potential risks to their businesses.
Role and responsibilities of your new role will be;
- Advising clients on contentious regulatory issues, including on regulatory investigations and internal investigation
- Drafting advices
- Advising clients in meetings, on the phone and in writing
- Liaising with clients
- Attending client meetings
- Managing client expectations appropriately
- Business development
- Legal research
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be a qualified lawyer with 1 year + PQE in a commercial litigation or disputes environment, ideally within a large international or City law firm.
- Strong legal skills, including drafting, negotiation and project management skills
- Excellent academic credentials
- Detail focused and self-motivated approach
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client relationship skills and interpersonal skills
- Focus on business development and personal profile in this area of the market
What you'll get in return
An excellent salary, package of benefits and flexible working options are all available for you in your new role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4230542