Hays Recruitment are currently working on a fantastic opportunity for Level 3 Teaching Assistants in schools across East London, particularly in Barking and Dagenham. The positions open will run until the end of the academic year with the potential of a permanent role for the right candidate. The schools we are currently working with are looking for a strong, experienced Teaching Assistant to support students across Early Years, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2, working both 1:1 with identified students and smaller groups. NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification is essential for applicants.
The role will include:
- Supporting children in the classroom who are working below age expected levels
- Providing additional 1:1 support to children with special needs
- Liaising with the class teacher around progress of the pupils you will be supporting
- Helping the teacher with classroom preparation and preparation of resources
- Leading academic interventions to support children with numeracy and literacy skills
- Using the school's reward policy to help promote engagement in lessons
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Holds a Level 3 TA qualification or a relevant childcare degree
- Has worked in a primary school for at least 1 year
- Understands how to support children with special educational needs
- Hard-working and will be flexible in their approach
- Possesses great knowledge of the Primary School curriculum
The successful candidate will benefit from ongoing support from a dedicated education specialist consultant, competitive pay (£75-90) as mentioned above, and by signing up with Hays you are able to accrue holiday pay which can be taken at any point and be enrolled to our pension scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4258789