Working closely with the Director of Technology and Architecture and IT Leadership team, the Service Delivery Manager will play a key leadership role in delivering an outstanding, efficient, and robust IT service.
Responsible for the operational delivery of the IT Strategy and services across the Trust and all academies, including vendor management, supplier selection, procurement and contracts management, IT compliance, resource and risk management and project implementation.
Overall responsibility for effective leadership of the Central IT Team, working closely with all stakeholders to ensure an outstanding, efficient, and robust IT Service.
As part of the IT Leadership team, you will facilitate an effective flow of information amongst IT teams relating to challenges, opportunities, and initiatives, in order to provide the best possible service to our academies, drawing on the strength of the wider IT community.
You will contribute to development and improvements in IT practices allowing you to make your mark on the IT service we deliver affecting thousands of our pupils and staff daily.
You will lead the delivery of IT services offered to any trust organisation.
The IT Service Delivery Manager is a key leadership role in delivering outstanding, efficient and robust IT service across the Trust. We are working with a nationally recognised MAT with a mission to tackle historical educational disadvantage and play a positive role in social regeneration.
They are looking for a IT Service Delivery Manager to lead the IT Team to ensure delivery of an outstanding, efficient and robust IT service.
Your new role
- Ensure excellent IT Service Delivery,
- Operational delivery of IT strategy and plans incorporating activities ranging from day-to-day management to large-scale projects within budget and agreed timescales,
- Budgetary responsibilities for operational activities and projects,
- Development, tracking and implementation of approved equipment refresh programs including procurement, project management, resourcing, and technical delivery in coordination with Regional IT Managers,
- Line management and coaching of direct reports with a focus on proactive approach, customers service, service excellence, and continual service and practice improvement.
- Implementation and daily management of service and operational level agreements with service providers – both internal and external, ensuring optimum levels of service are achieved in support of strategic and organisational goals,
- Responsible for the ongoing analysis, design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of IT systems, hardware and software in collaboration with the IT Leadership team,
- Plan, coordinate, and lead the IT Team to ensure delivery of an outstanding, efficient and robust IT service
- Manage the development, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrades, and support of organisational IT systems.
- Expert advice and support to the IT team during upgrades or projects as well as during normal operations,
- Overseeing the continual enhancement of systems and systems integration,
- Working with staff centrally and within academies to ensure feedback about technology is brought to IT leadership allowing to develop plans and strategies for client services to be enhanced, user effectiveness improved, and innovation encouraged,
- Liaising regularly with the Director of Technology and Architecture, IT Leadership team, academies’ leadership as well as systems users.
- Operating procedure development and implementation allied to best practice, ensuring written protocols and guidelines are provided for IT staff and end-users,
- Ensuring documentation, asset register, definitive media library are created, maintained, and updated following any project or initiative,
- Supplementary support to established Academies & their IT support teams,
- Technical support and escalation service to the Trust’s user base as required,
- Use and champion the use of service desk software to manage workflow and provide timely and appropriate feedback to clients and other members of the team,
- Develop and implement new technologies in line with IT strategy and objectives,
- Develop effective working relationships within the Academies and central Trust team always ensuring rich and frequent communication,
- Assist in and provide initial configuration and troubleshooting, installation and support services in the Trust Academies and partner organisations,
- Deliver training where deemed appropriate to end users or technical staff,
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working within the Education sector
- Strong service management and improvement skills,
- Experience leading a service delivery team for a complex organisation,
- Effective technical management skills,Strong project & personnel management skills,
- Robust knowledge of Microsoft Windows Client Operating Systems and Office packages,
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Server OS and roles, Exchange, M365, Azure,
- Network administration experience,
- Network and server implementation experience,
- Experience managing IT procurement and managing projects,
- Ability to work under pressure, excellent time management skills,
- Ability to travel independently and on a short notice, engage, and interact with staff at all levels in organisations,
- Demonstrable knowledge of good IT practices
What you'll get in return
Excellent pay as well as the opportunity to join the pension scheme. The opportunity work with a a dynamic Trust making a change to those who are educationally disadvantaged
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.