IT Project Manager vacancy in large education establishment in Coventry
£42,149 - £50,296 per annum, plus 34 days annual leave, flexible hybrid working policy and other generous benefits
Hays Technology are working in partnership with a large education establishment in Coventry to recruit two Project Managers on a permanent basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to contribute to a world-leading organisation and shape a rapidly expanding team of Project Management experts and the service they deliver.
The Project Management team work within the Strategic Change Team, which has been formed to bring together key roles across Business Analysis, Business Change, Project Management and Portfolio Management to deliver benefits from both digital and nondigital projects that are fundamental to the organisation meeting their strategic goals.
Your role will be to deliver the required project outputs and engage with a wide range of stakeholders from the Executive Board to key department contacts. You will plan, manager and monitor the delivery of projects and ensure that they have a sound quality management process. You will also be expected to identify opportunities to improve how the team currently manages projects to meet current and emerging needs. Using established processes based on standards such as PRINCE2, you will work closely with customers across the organisation.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
• Plan, manage and monitor the delivery of projects.
• Assist with project definition.
• Manager the gathering of requirements and documentation of business processes.
• Ensure that the appropriate governance structure for the project is in place.
• Matrix-manage and motivate project teams.
• Assume responsibility for change control and configuration management.
• Work with the Project Board to assure overall direction and integrity of the project.
• Produce and present project status reports.
• Manage project budgets.
• Ensure that any contract documentation is appropriate for the needs of the project and ongoing support of relevant service.
• Champion the benefits of effective project management within the wider organisation.
Experience and skills required to apply:
Essential Experience & Skills:
• An honours degree (or equivalent).
• Project Management experience within a complex organisational setting
• Awareness of different project management approaches and the ability to champion the benefits of effective project management.
• Experience of managing project budgets.
• Experience of managing technology projects.
• Experience of preparing and presenting reports to senior managers and steering groups.
• Experience of formal tendering/procurement processes.
Desirable Experience & Skills:
• IT Project Manager experience within the higher education sector.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply, please submit your CV.