Your new company
Central government organisation which works internationally to support its members to promote the growth of development, democracy, and other aims.
The section where you will be prepares budgets, management information as well as financial statements for the organisations funds. It also manages payroll, pensions, treasury, payments and travel for staff and contracted experts, and provides financial information to management and the governing bodies.
Your new role
The Finance Processing Assistant will be primarily responsible for accounts payable and travel related processing activities; as well as supporting the rest of the finance team where needed.
You will be responsible for processing accounts payable and travel expenses, will need to ensure timely and accurate processing in accordance with the organisations policy and procedures.
Some responsibilities include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Process payment requests in accordance with existing financial policies, controls and procedures
- Set up and update supplier accounts in the accounting system database;
- Verify payment requests ensuring appropriate supporting documentation and levels of approval;
- Process payment runs accurately and efficiently adhering to the current service level agreement;
- Generate journals to effect multi-currency payments and cheques
What you'll get in return
- Solid book keeping or accounts payable experience, or sound experience in a finance environment
- Experience of computerised accounting and electronic banking - CODA desirable not essential
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge or experience of reviewing and processing travel expenses is preferable
Flexible working options available.
Hybrid working - 2 days in office (Pall Mall - London)
Day rate of up to £117
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4227911