Your new company
National public sector organisation looking to recruit two new Head of Legals, on a contract basis for an initial period of 18 months, as part of an expansion project within the organisation's legal division. Reporting directly to the most senior lawyer within this sub-division, with a dotted line to the Group General Counsel. These are full-time roles and are based in central London, however, there is the opportunity to work on a hybrid basis.
Your new role
These roles are being established to work alongside the existing Head of Legal and to lead teams of lawyers focused on the management of all aspects of legal risks for the sub-division, which aims to resolve certain legacy issues facing the organisation. The work within this division is very wide-ranging, changing and complex. These are key leadership roles in which the Head of Legal will be expected to provide effective leadership and management of their team of lawyers.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered you will be a Lawyer or Barrister qualified to practice in England & Wales with substantial experience at a top law firm or in-house, operating in a high profile politically challenging environment. Your experience may be within one or more of the following practice areas: dispute resolution, litigation, inquiries, remediation, liabilities, claims, regulatory or other. Most crucially, you will have excellent communication skills, demonstrable management and leadership experience and the ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment. Alongside this you should be self-motivated, able to think strategically and obtain a high degree of professional integrity.
What you'll get in return
In return you will be working for an established UK institution in a busy legal team and have exposure to a wide and evolving range of unique legal work. Remuneration is circa £120,000 per annum and the benefits include:
What you need to do now
- Annual Leave: You will be entitled to 27 ½ days holiday in each holiday year, pro rata April to March. This is in addition to paid Bank & Public holidays.
- Short Term Incentive Plan (STIP): You may be entitled to participate in a discretionary annual bonus scheme of 18% of basic salary for an on-target performance.
- Pension: Employer contributions up to 12%
- Car Allowance: You are entitled to a non-pensionable cash payment to the value of £5,000 per annum which is subject to normal tax and National Insurance deductions.
- Medical Cover: You can subscribe to a private health provider to get access 24/7 medical advice and after six months of membership, obtain diagnostic tests and treatment.
- Other: Holiday Buy (purchase of annual leave), Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to work scheme, Income Protection, Life Assurance, Vendor discounts, Gym membership discounts, Employee Assistance Program.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4228213