Your new company
We are working closely with a fantastic school in Newcastle who are currently recruiting for a Head Caretaker to join their team.
Your new role
This is a full time, permanent vacancy. Working 37.5 hours per week, all year round with generous holiday allowance. No split shifts involved.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the cleaning staff with duties throughout the school
- Litter picking/ ensuring refuse is stored and collected as required
- Testing fire alarms and ensuring Health & Safety processes are followed
- Ensuring heating and lighting systems are working correctly and are on at the appropriate times
- Porterage duties including supporting with the set up/ clear down of rooms for ad hoc meetings, assemblies, productions, exams etc
- Mowing lawns and managing plant/ flowers in outdoor spaces
- General maintenance across the school facilities
What you'll need to succeed
- You will need to have had previous experience of working in a role like this.
- Experience of key holding/ providing maintenance in a large setting.
- You will be confident in carrying out basic joinery, plumbing and decorating as required, and working with external contractors for lager jobs
The role is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS disclosure.
What you'll get in return
You will be support by a dedicated Hays Consultant from registration who will work with you to find the right role to suit your skills and circumstances. You will enjoy competitive rates of pay which are based on the scale of the role you will be covering and will accrue holiday allowance as you work.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.