My client are a prestigious Biotechnology company who are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to support the development of the next generation of molecular diagnostic technology platforms, centring around rapid genetic finger printing of potential pathogens.
- Lead and manage a team of scientists, engineers and research associates in the development of semi-conductor based sequencing technology that will comprise massively parallel sequencing on an integrated circuit
- Participation in the integration of the technology into the automated platform
- Literature (including patent) work to support development of the technology
- Library preparation and Next Generation Sequencing.
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams, displaying excellent interpersonal & communication skills, interacting with scientists & external collaborators.
- Generate conclusion reports, present data in team meetings
- Experience in development and use of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflows, with specific experience in development of NGS sequencing chemistries/methods, especially semi-conductor-based methods
- PhD/MSc or equivalent in Biological Sciences
- Relevant experience in Molecular Biology and Next Generation Sequencing methods working in industry or academia.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment.
- Broad development and/ or experience of molecular analysis technologies.
- Fantastic opportunity with a market leading commercial Biotech
- Cutting edge research
- Permanent role with excellent progression opportunities
- Accessible London location
- Exciting new technology platforms
- Competitive Salary package, £50 - 60,000 depending on experience
- Job Type:
- Scientific and R&D
- Life Sciences
Similar jobs to Group Lead – NGS Sequencing Integration
Business, Analyst, IT, Quality, Systems, Configurations, GxP, London
Associate Scientist – Expanding Biopharmaceutical – Cambridgeshire – Permanent
Analytical and Purification Summer Intern
IVD, NGS, genomics, rapid diagnostic platforms, microfluidics, next generation sequencing, molecular biology
NGS, Molecular Biology, Biologics, Antibodies, PCR, DNA
Credit Controller job with ForFarmers in Bury St Edmunds. Competitive salary + study support + benefits.
Bury St Edmunds
Competitive salary + benefits + study supportsponsored