Your new company
You will be working for a leading business service provider to public and private sector organisations throughout the UK
Your new role
Your duties will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Manage a diary of debts or recommendations of pro-active recovery on a variety of debts including Business Improvement District, Social Care Debts, Temporary Accommodation charges & Trade Waste debts.
- Ensuring all debts are progressed through their respective recovery cycles promptly.
- Dealing with correspondence from debtors and/or third parties via post, email and telephone including vulnerable clients and their representatives.
- Making pro-active telephone calls regarding the payment and recovery of debts including taking payments through Paye.net and setting up Direct Debits using the system.
- Tracing missing debtors via tracing agency, ThreeSixty or other available systems.
- Make appropriate referrals to the Debt Collector, review returns from the Debt Collector and complete County Court Claims, if appropriate.
- Record all recovery actions on the appropriate IT system, e.g. Aspien Debt Management, Orchard Housing, Oracle Financial System.
- Making recommendations and preparation of write offs
What you'll get in return
- Experience of debt recovery and/or credit control.
- Able to write and speak English fluently.
- Strong telephony skills - able to communicate clearly and effectively with debtors, especially those who are deemed vulnerable.
- Ability to handle yourself in a confident and professional manner at all times.
- Self-motivating, experience of working to agreed targets by prioritising and planning.
- Able to produce high quality and accurate documentation with attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
- Previous experience using Oracle would be an advantage
Comfortable hybrid working pattern.
Secure contract of £26K annual salary equivalent for 5 months
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4261522