Your new company
One of the largest engineering and design consultancies in the UK, successfully delivering
multidisciplinary project to their clients.
The Asset Planning and Solutions team incorporates one of the largest Hydraulic Modelling teams
in the UK, delivering projects for the majority of the UK Water Companies, the EA, many Lead Local Flood
Authorities, as well as a broad range of overseas clients.
They are now seeking to recruit a Senior or Principal Hydraulic Modeller working in a flexible location. You will join a team of Geographers and Engineers and will play a key role in delivering to a range of clients including Water Companies, Local Authorities and Developers. The team carries out a range of projects related to Storm water Management, wastewater and integrated catchment studies, through feasibility, scoping and catchment drainage studies, using computer modelling and analysis to support operational and environmental recommendations or other interventions. You will be part of a team shaping the dialogue within the UK and internationally in how drainage should become an integrated part of green blue infrastructure and master planning.
Your new role
- Technical and project management of DWMPs and other projects including Storm Water
Management, SuDS, drainage, option development, SOAF and WFD delivery;
- Undertake Project Manager role on projects where required;
- Support in the development of Client Relationship with our key Water Company and non-Water Company clients to support growth;
- Support in the preparation of bid documents and estimates;
- Supervision of project teams and supporting the Business Manager in resource planning;
- Promote staff development through training, on-the-job experience, and personal
- Contributing towards technical innovation and improvement workgroups.
You'll be supporting an increasing portfolio and workload. You will also have:
- A relevant BSc qualification;
- A broad range of experience in:
- Catchment Planning– determination of hydraulic, environmental, and operational needs of catchments and the development of various horizon strategies to improve catchment performance.
- Blue Green Infrastructure Solution Development– development of outline designs, and support through detailed design process.
- Model Build and Verification – creating robust sewer network models that are suitable for analysis and solution development.
- Hydraulic and Water Quality Analysis – intelligent assessment of catchment hydraulics and pollutant sources to identify needs and risks.
- Integrated Catchment Modelling – constructing models for assessing the interaction between sewers (storm and foul), watercourses and overland flows.
What you'll need to succeed
You'll be able to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Wastewater market sector, excellent technical skills and have a proven track record in one or more of; business development, client management, project management and line management.
- A relevant BSc qualification;
- Knowledge of the water environment and sustainability and desire to apply your skills to the
challenges the water environment faces;
- A natural curiosity for developing innovative, sustainable, and cost-effective solutions for our
- Understanding of UK Water Industry and regulatory issues;
- Proven track record in coordinating and delivering technically excellent projects on time and to budget;
- Attained a chartered status (ICE or CIWEM);
- Experience in urban drainage modelling;
- Competence in the use of Hydraulic modelling software;
- First class written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and in writing;
- A hard working and flexible individual, a team player, who has great attention to detail, is reliable, shows initiative and is proactive and able to deliver to set deadlines;
- Enthusiasm about urban drainage and it’s role within the environment;
- A confident and professional manner;
- Good team working skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- A supportive approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team;
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients
and the whole project team.
- Experience working on Storm Water Management and Sustainable Drainage Systems
- Experience working with software such as FME, Power Bi, and/or programming tools such as
Ruby, Python and Visual Basic;
- Experience of team working on multi-disciplinary projects;
- Sound commercial understanding;
- Able to develop and motivate junior team members.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary DOE
- Flexible working options
- Training and chartership support
- Flexible benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.