Your new company
An exciting new start up company within the banking sector
Your new role
This is an exciting opportunity to join the bank and support the setup of the finance function. You will be a part of the Financial Accounting and Reporting team, playing a key role in liaising with the external auditors on the Annual Report and Accounts, supporting the month-end processes and various reporting requirements, and working with the tax experts to ensure tax compliance. To succeed, you will be a high performing finance professional with advanced excel skills and strong financial reporting knowledge and experience. You will be a results-driven and ambitious team player who is able to work at a fast pace in a pressurised environment, has good attention to detail and the ability to build excellent working relationships . Specific responsibilities include: 1. Support the development of the financial reporting models for the banks financial products and other transactions in line with relevant accounting standards, incorporate the accuracy and completeness checks, align the models with the financial model assurance guidance (e.g. Macpherson checklist) and ensure the correct posting of the relevant journals to the ledger.
2. Support the month-end process by preparing and posting the journals from the financial reporting models and improving the controls and processes for these models.
3. Contribute to the preparation of the Annual report and accounts, identifying, reporting and co-ordinating the resolution of any issues arising.
4. Manage the relationship with the National Audit Office on the statutory audit of the Annual Report and Accounts, being the main contact to support the audit, including reviewing and providing supporting documents, drafting audit responses, reviewing audit reports and tracking audit progress.
5. Coordinate the reporting submissions to external parties, including input for the Infrastructure (Financial Assistance) Act 2012 Annual Report.
6. Support the drafting of accounting papers for different financial reporting areas as required, including the necessary disclosure for the Annual Report and Accounts.
7. Work with tax experts on tax returns, payments and deferred tax calculation, ensure compliance with tax and reporting requirements.
8. Build effective relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders for example, the shareholder, the National Audit Office, the operational finance teams, the Audit and Risk committee.
9. Liaise and support other teams within Finance, such as Treasury, Financial Planning and Analysis, as necessary.
Due to the changing nature of a fast-growing organisation, the successful applicant should accept that the following accountabilities are the current requirements but are not fixed and subject to change over time.
What you'll need to succeed
Required Qualifications: A professional finance qualification CCAB, CIMA or equivalent Required Behaviours, Experience and Technical Skills: 1. Experience of financial reporting, financial statements preparation and IFRS. 2. Experience of IFRS 9 Financial Instruments 3. Experience of working with the auditors on the audit of statutory accounts. 4. Organised individual with advanced Excel skills, who is able to work independently s in the year to deliver deadlines and priorities. Desirable Experience and Technical Skills: 5. Experience of other complex technical accounting, such as IFRS 10 Consolidation Financial Statements", IFRS 16 Leases 6. Experience of financial services and banking sector. 7. Experience of auditing statutory accounts
What you'll get in return
A highly competitive daily rate plus flexible working conditions split between home and office in Leeds
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4203622
Banking & Financial Services
Senior Finance Qualified
£450-500 per day
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Catherine Hill, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Leeds