Finance Officer/Assistant – Leicester based Secondary school
- Permanent position
- Part Time (32.25 hours p/w)
- Grade 8 (£17,576 - £19,406 actual salary)
- To start ASAP
Your new school
Hays Education are working with a Secondary school on the outskirts of Leicester City who are seeking a Permanent Finance Officer/Assistant to join the team as soon as possible. This is a part-time role working 32.25 hours per week.
The school which has a ‘Good’ Ofsted rating sets high standards and expectations and believe this is the key to the excellent achievements of their students. The school’s intention is to cultivate the intellectual, creative, social, physical, moral and spiritual development of all students.
The school are seeking an experienced candidate to provide a comprehensive, efficient and effective finance service to the school, with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will contribute to the development of finance systems and procedures and will contribute to the overall ethos, aims and values of the school, promoting a positive image within the school and wider community.
- Processing supplier and sales invoices when required
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Process Supplier payment runs
- Ordering of goods when required
- Creating Purchase Orders
- Processing of Expenses and Mileage claims
- Maintain MI spreadsheets as required
- Bank Reconciliation
- Provide administrative support at Month End and Budget Preparation
- Any other roles required to aid efficiency within the Finance Team
To be successful you will have a minimum of 2 years finance experience, will hold GCSEs in English and Maths (A*-C or equivalent), and will have experience of working with Accounting packages. In addition, you will have excellent listening skills, literacy, numeracy and ICT skills. Experience working in a school setting is desirable but not essential.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us on T: 0116 2532389 or M: 07513 709909.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4228607