Your new company
Our client is a well respected not for profit organisation based on the outskirts of Ormskirk. Due to prolonged growth, they are looking for an Executive Assistant to join therm ASAP on an interim contract for approx 6 - 8 weeks
Your new role
Specific Duties and Responsibilities The role holder will provide a specific range of administration duties functions to ensure that a cost-effective, compliant and totally customer-centric service is delivered at all times. The following general duties will typically form part of the daily/weekly/monthly work schedule:
What you'll need to succeed
- Provide high quality executive support to the FM Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Plan and prioritise the time and commitments of the SMT through effective diary management.
- Act as supporting member of the Senior Management Team and actively contribute to relevant meetings.
- Receive and field telephone calls to the SMT, minimising the number of unnecessary contacts and interruptions by referring callers to the most appropriate operational manager.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence for SMT including prioritising, distributing and circulating for action and information.
- Provide professional secretarial support to the SMT including email management, the development and production of documents and reports, carrying out research and investigation of other organisations practices.
- Assist with communications for SMT such as drafting emails on their behalf and proofreading documentation, making suggestions / decisions for amendments as appropriate.
- Attend weekly 121 meetings with SMT members, being proactive in identifying appropriate solutions to resolve issues and enhance service provision, whilst demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence in dealing with confidential matters and liaising with internal / external customers. Lead, plan and support specific departmental projects and/or initiatives on behalf of the SMT.
- Share knowledge to enhance service provision and get new initiatives off the ground.
- Co-ordinate the administration of documents and reports in relation to the committees, meetings and events identified via the University Calendar on behalf of SMT. Collate and manage documentation for SMT, ensuring they have all correspondence required for meetings and storing as appropriate, proactively assessing meeting papers and highlighting areas for action by SMT, moving forward appropriate actions from previous meetings on behalf of SMT.
- Make appropriate arrangements to provide a reception service, hospitality, accommodation and parking for the SMT visitor meetings.
- Make timely and accurate arrangements for travel and accommodation for the SMT. Process any orders, invoices or payments relating to SMT in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
- Support the Senior Executive Assistant in the monitoring of SMT objectives and milestones including maintenance of an evidence file, supporting SMT to achieve their objectives and proactively flagging any issues with the Director of FM Support the Senior Executive Assistant in the Management and monitoring delivery of key milestones from the FM Strategic Plan in relation to the Learning & Growth overarching objective, which covers the elements of staff engagement, culture and staff recognition.
- Responsibility for department recruitment (at Manager / Supervisor level), this involves: Liaison with relevant SMT / Service Area Managers to ensure all processes are followed to correct standards
- Completing authorisation requests for vacant / new roles and ensuring accurate data is included in the request
- Working with HR to organise shortlisting, interview dates and production of panel packs
- Liaison with colleagues (FM and HR) and appointees with regards to successful appointments, start dates and necessary induction requirements.
- Support the Senior Executive Assistant in their role of Chair of the FM Administrators Group, deputising at meetings when necessary and collating / presenting relevant information that form part of the generic tasks for FM administrators, including HR information as detailed under point 4.
- Deputise as the principal point of contact for all Executive Assistants across the University in terms of arranging appointments with the SMT, in the absence of the Senior Executive Assistant.
- Undertake the role of secretary for the FM Management Team meeting which involves providing a full service from agenda setting to publication of minutes, consulting with SMT and Service Area Managers to compile agendas, overseeing the collection and circulation of papers and tracking all actions through to completion.
We are looking for a confident professional Executive Assistant. Someone available at short notice and happy to complete a short term assignment.
What you'll get in return
Immediate start available, free parking, competitive remuneration.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.