Job Title: Teacher of English/ English Teacher
Location: Southend-On-Sea, Essex
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £25,971 - £42,020 per annum (enhanced trust pay scale)
Closing Date: Thursday 30th June 2022.
Start Date: Required from September 2022.
Your new secondary school in Southend-On-Sea, Essex:
Hays Education are seeking to appoint a dynamic, innovative Teacher of English/ English Teacher for a secondary school based in Southend (Essex). This post would suit both experienced Teachers and someone looking for their first post who would be well supported by an effective ECT programme.
Your role as the new Teacher of English/English Teacher:
This secondary school based in Southend-On-Sea is a large, vibrant, and diverse secondary school that has an excellent reputation as a warm and supportive environment in which to work and learn. The secondary school is a very popular school with families in the local area and beyond and consequently heavily oversubscribed. The main purpose of this English Teacher job is to deliver effective and high-quality learning to all students. Therefore, you will be required to:
- To have a thorough and up to date knowledge of the teaching of English, and take account of wider curriculum developments, which are relevant to your work.
- To plan lessons and sequences of lessons consistently and effectively, to meet pupils’ individual needs.
- To use a range of appropriate strategies consistently and effectively for teaching and classroom management.
- To use information consistently and effectively about prior attainment to set well-grounded expectations for pupils and monitor progress to give clear and constructive feedback.
- To ensure that because of your teaching, your pupils achieve well in relation to their prior attainment, making progress as good as or better than similar pupils nationally.
- To take responsibility for your own professional development and use outcomes to improve your teaching and pupils’ learning.
To apply for this Teacher of English/English Teacher role based in Southend-On-Sea you will need to:
- Possess PGCE, QTS or QTLS (equivalents will be considered).
- Have experience teaching English within a secondary school environment.
- Possess excellent classroom behaviour management skills to maintain standards in place.
- Be keen to work as part of a team, share ideas and good practice.
- Knowledge and experience of the KS3 & KS4 curriculum in English.
- Be passionate about English.
- Be creative in delivering lessons in English.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.