Your new company
Is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. It has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Your new role
- To ensure all the contractual assets, mechanical & electrical systems are properly maintained and operating efficiently through effective planned preventative maintenance matching prescribed schedules.
- To ensure all events (failures & faults) that have been raised for any contractual asset, mechanical or electrical system are reacted to timely, ensuring the appropriate actions taken to meet contractual requirements in returning the asset, mechanical or electrical system to full operational service.
- To ensure that all events (failures & faults) where the contractual asset, mechanical or electrical system have been returned to operational service are “closed” in a timely manner and meeting contractual requirements.
- To carry out all work activities in accordance with all relevant and current Health and Safety legislation.
- To advise and assist the management team in reducing the utilities usage at the site, through daily monitoring of the site BMS system, engineering knowledge and best practice.
- To meet with the site management regularly to provide performance information on all events (faults and failures), PPMs, sub-contractor performance, health & safety, lifecycle and utilities consumption reduction.
- To participate in the out of hours stand-by and callout rota
- To ensure that full Statutory Compliance is maintained
- To conduct testing of life systems (i.e. fire alarm & life-sign monitoring alarm) each week.
- To inform the management team of all faults or failures to any of the contractual assets, mechanical & electrical systems and to confirm to the Account Manager once these have been corrected.
- To ensure that all sub-contractors are contacted and scheduled to attend site 1 month in advance of their due PPM visit.
- To provide the Lead engineer with engineers' worksheets or supplier delivery notes and to bring to the attention of the Account Manager any abnormalities or additional works required as raised by the subcontractor.
- To provide the FM team with all necessary information (electronically), including supplier, sub-contractor, part numbers, description, quantities and costs to enable the FM team to place purchase orders as required in a timely and trouble-free manner.
- To provide the Lead Engineer on a monthly basis with all the utilities meter readings.
- To ensure any on site storage facility is kept clean, tidy and organised. To clean up after any self-work activity and ensure all sub-contractors clean up on completion of the activities
- To assist in providing additional works quotations to enable the Account Manager to complete the relevant project requests, within the required time frames.
- To assist the Account Manager and the FM team in any other duties in support of the contract as directed by the Account Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
- Any other duties across the PFI Portfolio requested by the company.
- Must hold a "time served apprenticeship" ideally in Electrical Engineering
- Must have a demonstrable background in a Maintenance environment
- Knowledge on how to service/test of systems of highly specialised equipment
- UPS backup systems (fault finding and repairs)
- Experience of BMS Systems and generators
- Committed and enthusiastic
- Self motivated and pro-active approach to business and staff
- Lateral thinker adept at problem solving
- Good organisational skills
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Management of subcontracted services
What you'll get in return
- Knowledge of Health, Safety & Environment and Hard FM operations
What you need to do now
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holidays
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4261853