What will your role be?
A small, agile team cannot build highly available solutions without extensive automation, great tools, and the right culture. Every member of our development and operations teams embraces a DevOps culture, but they do so with our DevOps Engineers pioneering new methods of improving flow from ideas to production deployment.
As one of our DevOps Engineers, you will implement new technologies, define and prototype approaches to automation, and streamline operations for our deployed products.
Your tasks will include the following:
● Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure.
● Automate and improve development and release processes.
● Pioneer ways to improve the speed and effectiveness of automated testing.
● Implement processes and tools to ensure availability of our products and services.
● Coach and support other team members in DevOps technology and procedures.
● Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
● Get involved with full-stack end-to-end delivery of new features and bug fixes.
● Translating brief from design to clean, well-written code.
● Integrate our software with partner systems and provide technical support to
customers where needed.
● Maintaining internal and external documentation associated with the product, and
internal development activities.
Who are we looking for?
● Experience developing and deploying complex products and services built on a
polyglot of languages and technologies.
● Instil DevOps practises amongst the team.
● Deep knowledge of our DevOps stack and surrounding ecosystem.
● Ability to communicate well with, and support other members of the team
● Experience sharing knowledge.
● Good working knowledge of Linux, git and the command-line.
● Committed to high engineering standards.
Experience with any of these would be ideal:
● Experience in developing in Python.
● Attitude of continuous improvement.
● Can design and communicate complex software architectures.
● Familiarity with relational and NoSQL databases.
● Worked in a security function.
● Fluency in another spoken language.
You'll do well if you have...
● The tactical mastery of Iron Man.
● The detective skills of Miss Marple.
● The situational awareness of Samus.
● Living in the United Kingdom. Working from other countries is possible, via special
● Must be eligible to work in the UK.
● Available for at least 4 days a week, preferably full-time.
What do we offer?
● Challenging work in an interesting field with some awesome technology.
● Being part of a fast-growing company with an energetic and dedicated team.
● A culture focused on delivering high quality code while having fun.
● Competitive salary and share options.
● Generous equipment budget so our engineers work with the best tools available.
● Pension and flexible holiday arrangements. #4229850
Technology & Internet Services
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Darren Butler, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Basingstoke