Report To Local: Head Of Service Delivery
Reports To Global: Head Of Technology & Programmes
• The role of the DevOps Engineer entails developing, adapting, and helping to support TGP software assets, i.e. (Development Operations), within Technology.
• It means working closely with colleagues in Service Delivery and internal, at times also external, stakeholders who receive value from the capabilities of the TGP applications.
• Works with the Transition Manager and project teams, as necessary, to enable smooth introduction of new applications or changes into Production.
• Along with other department members, delivers on aspects of the strategic initiatives for technology as defined by the TGP Technology Strategy.
• Stays ahead of technology improvements to proactively identify and deliver upgrades – helping to keep TGP systems compliant and secure.
• Also, works collaboratively with any internal or external development resources to create new TGP applications and associated technologies.
People: Sharing knowledge and guiding others within the team.
• Creates strong ties with all teams working collaboratively across the organisation in embedding technology application capabilities and inputs into the day-to-day operations of the business.
Company: Maintains high performance and availability of all applications, databases, and integration systems. Work with colleagues across the business in getting value from data and management information
Client: This is an internal facing role with minimal client exposure albeit a key role in the enablement of our client and markets related goals. Seeks to understand the client’s perspective in relation to system use cases and non-functional requirements
Delivery: System administration , such as provisioning and managing cloud-based infrastructure, deploying databases, security monitoring, system maintenance, and managing internal and external network connectivity. DevOps tools Lifecycle management from inception to completion of tasks (from small scale improvements to larger stories, spikes, and epics).
Maintenance and configuration of tools and products used in the software delivery lifecycle and monitoring and configuration of the supported environments. Configuration management Use tools to automate system administration tasks such as deploying new systems or applying security patches to systems. Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Key Responsibilities Commercial in confidence Area Description
Use Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) to automate building, testing, and deploying software. Configuring and deploying Azure DevOps CI/CD tools and work closely with the rest of Development to ensure that these tools are used effectively. Build and maintain a suite of tests that protect against regression issues and that can be executed with relatively low effort. System architecture and provisioning Design, provision, and manage computer ecosystems, primarily in the cloud but also on premises if required. Employ use of Infrastructure as Code (IaC), to the management of cloud infrastructure resources such as Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), etc.
Ensuring Excellence: Assumes full accountability for delivering excellence through everything they do. Ensures all output is on brand and in keeping with TGP values. Advocates and promotes excellence as an integral way of working to everyone within TGP through positive role modelling and best practice behaviours.
Proactively highlighting where standards are not being upheld and working with the person or team to address through education to empowering them so that they can deliver excellence moving forward. Embracing and demonstrating growth through a feedback culture at all levels to ensure excellence continues to grow at all levels
Relationships: Builds and maintains positive relationships with all key stakeholders across the organisation by fostering collaborative ways of working, based on trust, transparency, and respect
Finance: Works, directly and via the Technology team, with all operational and functional teams across TGP to o Set and agree budgets, targets, and reforecasts. Monitor and optimise spend o Ensures delivery of agreed reporting and KPIs on financial performance across TGP
Required Skills & Experience:
Experience with one or more configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
Experience with Azure DevOps CI/CD tool and/or one or more others such as Jenkins.
Use of third-party services such as Twilio (video conferencing), Postmark (email), Salesforce and SCORM Cloud
Frameworks and APIs: API controller services, Angular 10+, HTML5, CSS3, SVG, .Net, etc.
Business or Management Consultancy
£60,000 to £70,000
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Jack Gillies, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Milton Keynes
First Floor, ll Exchange Square, North Fourth Street