An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a highly established organisation during a period of technical transformation. You will be working together with a larger cyber team in a dynamic environment to lead innovation within the organisation.
As Cyber Security Engineer, you will deliver hands on cyber security services ensuring the smooth delivery of an enterprise-wide Security Operations function including EDR, SIEM, Vulnerability scanning, incident response procedures and general information security duties.
The position can either be on a hybrid basis, working from the Newport office or on a remote basis with occasional travel to the office on Newport.
- Take ownership of all security incidents to ensure that incident detection, identification and remediation is undertaken to a high standard.
- Threat monitoring and responding to security incidents, alerts and breaches
- Identification and remediation of vulnerabilities
- Take part in managing the internal security incident response plan (for both Cyber IT and Cyber OT)
- Ensure that high quality of threat intelligence is actively used to drive improvements and remediation plans
- Develop policies, processes and procedure documents covering the work of the Security Operations Team
- Implement User Behavioural Analysis and social engineering tooling
What you’ll need to succeed:
- CEH or OSCP and CompTia Sec+ certifications (Essential)
- Other relevant certifications desired (eg. AZ-500, SC-400, SC-200, SIEM cert.)
- Good understanding of advanced threat hunting tools (eg. Azure)
- Strong knowledge of SIEM and SOC processes and procedures, and the ability to provide actionable roadmaps to improve and mature these processes
- Hands on experience with MITRE ATT&CK or KillChain
- A strong knowledge and experience of using leading endpoint detection and threat management products
- Strong knowledge of global security standards including ISO27002, CIS and NIST CSF
What you’ll get in return:
- Annual bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits options
- Free on-site car parking
- Flexible/hybrid working options
- Access to excellent training programs with widely accepted certifications
To be eligible for this position you MUST be living within the UK and you MUST present the right to work within the UK. We cannot accept overseas applications where visa sponsorship would be required.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. Hays also pay £500 worth of high street vouchers for all successful referrals. #4211445