Your new company
Do you want the opportunity to develop a supported living service for young adults? Our client are a not-for-profit organisation who support adults with learning disabilities and are seeking a manager for a supported living service in the Swansea area. They focus on a tailored approach to each individual service user, supporting them to a part of the community.
Your new role
You will be managing a singular location in the Swansea area with four people under thirty, with learning disabilities and complex needs, living there. The service users are keen to learn new skills and want to live as independently as possible. Being an enthusiastic and approachable person, with a ‘can do’ attitude and a genuine passion for teaching others new skills are essential, as the service users are all active with a real love for life.
What you'll need to succeed
- QCF Level 5 (or willingness to work toward)
- Two years’ experience in a manager’s role
- A strong understanding of: Mental Capacity Act, DoLS, Social Care legislation, Health & Wellbeing Act and RISCA
- Experience working across various support agencies and functions e.g. GPs, with families, Social Workers
- Speech and language therapy experience (advantageous)
- Alternative methods of communication (advantageous)
What you'll get in return
- £28,707 to £30,110
- Funding to complete QCF qualifications
- The cost of your DBS and SCW registration covered
- A full range of benefits including: health & wellbeing portal and benefits platform
- Joining bonus
What you need to know
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4236248