This top 100 law firm came together as a result of two reputable firms merging in 2018. In 2021 the firm, through the Best Companies to Work For accreditation, were recognised as one of the 20 Best Law Firms to work for in the UK and one of the 100 Best Companies to work for in the South East.
Working on a variety of a general commercial law and IP-related agreements, the successful candidate will be involved in contracts and terms and conditions for the supply of goods and services, IT contracts and outsourcing, software licensing, online trading terms and conditions, consultancy agreements, intellectual property, data protection, privacy, distribution agreements, agency agreements and collaboration agreements. The successful candidate will have access to quality legal work working in a strong team located over four offices (Reading, London, Southampton and Cambridge), helping to strengthen their existing area of expertise and diversify into new sectors or industries. We work with a variety of clients, from start-ups to advising well know names/brands across a wide range of industries.
The successful candidate will assist and work alongside more senior, experienced lawyers and will be expected to develop strong working relationships with clients.
Duties will include:
- Experience of commercial contract drafting and negotiation with ability to manage projects and relationships with clients, other third parties and external advisers.
- Commercial – reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements and providing legal advice on business issues. Agreements include: supplier, distribution, IP, IT and technology, software licensing, system integration, website/app development, SaaS and other cloud related work.
- Data Protection and privacy – drafting policies and procedures, providing adequate wording in contractual agreements, ability to advise clients on legal obligations and risks, managing and advising clients on bigger data protection projects.
- Intellectual property – advising on and drafting agreements for the protection or exploitation of intellectual property rights, IP licensing contracts, advising on IP provisions in commercial agreements and R&D contracts.
- Regulatory advice including e-commerce and consumer regulations (public procurement desirable).
- To undertake business development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4231609